This is a project that jyeo has completed during his internship at Mozilla's Release Engineering.
|Credit to jyeo|
- It reduces chaos.
- You can run talos the same way as our infrastructure does to minimize differences
- It makes contributions easier.
- You can contribute to talos mozharness without having to install and setup Buildbot
- It removes deployments.
- We can deploy changes without having to wait on the buildbot masters to be reconfigured
- This makes specially the A-team very happy
- The A-team does not have to create talos.zip files
- The A-team does not have to wait on us to upload the talos.zip
- Developers don't need to request or create a talos.zip since we use the talos repo directly
- It makes easier developing and testing new talos changes.
- We can make configuration changes in an easier manner and it is locked to a given changest rather than affecting a whole branch
- It can ride the trains
- It only requires changes to talos.json
- This makes testing new configuration changes on try easier
- Mozharness also gives us a lot of flexibility
- Including a finer control on the usage of Python packages
- We even have mach support!
- This makes it trivial for developers to run talos in their beloved objdirs (blog post)
- We have to take a perf hit on ts tests
This work by Zambrano Gasparnian, Armen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.