He recently has contacted me to get things rolling since he has translated 98-99% (94% according to compare-locales) of the strings.
It is now my turn to get into the technical details and move it to mercurial. These are the steps that we have taken:
- Robert ported the strings from 3.5 to 3.6 (Narro allows you to do this)
- Through Narro's interface I exported the project and downloaded the zip file that it generates
- I checked out my clone of the Armenian 1.9.2 tree
- I overwrote my tree with the contents of the zip file
- I run compare-locales like this:
compare-locales /Users/armenzg/moz/repos/mozilla-1.9.2/browser/locales/l10n.ini .. hy-AM-1.9.2
- I removed the files that were indicated to be removed
- I pushed my changes to my repository
- generate a langpack
- submit it to AMO (submit page)
- promote the add-on
- get people's review
- convince drivers to give us commit access
- push the changes to the official Mozilla hy-AM repositories
Big thanks to Serge!
This work by Zambrano Gasparnian, Armen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.