All that puppet told the slaves to do is to run this command:
su - cltbld -c '/scratchbox/moz_scratchbox -p apt-get --yes --force-yes install libconic0-dev'
What I did to fix this was:
- Check that a staging slave does not have that package "pkg-config conic --libs"
- Check that the file "targets/CHINOOK-ARMEL-2007/usr/include/conic/conic.h" does not exist
- Install it using a similar command that was used in a previous bug
- Check that "pkg-config conic --libs" returns what is expected "-lconic -ldbus-1 -lgobject-2.0 -lglib-2.0"
- Check that the conic.h exists where expected
- At this point we have a clear command to run by puppet and a "creates" argument.
- Deploy the patch in the staging-puppet server
- Login to another staging slave as root and run "puppetd --test --server staging-puppet.build.mozilla.org"
- Do checks 4 and 5 to see that the puppet changes took place
- Ask for review
- Commit and deploy to production-puppet
- Check a production like in step 8 and 9
- Check an hour later if a random slave has the change as well
If you want to read more details check out "Bug 529462 - Add libconic package to Maemo build slaves"
This work by Zambrano Gasparnian, Armen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.