Friday, February 01, 2008

armenzg: Sess11: How to set up Buildbot to build Firefox and run automated tests

I have modified the master.cfg file to be able to schedule build with unit tests every 50 minutes on my laptop.
I have reused this file http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/source/tools/buildbot-configs/testing/unittest/master.cfg
and the modified files are posted here:

NOTE: I already have Buildbot set up from last blog post
  • I checked out the buildbot-config for unit test firefox with places (which I am not going to use)
    cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs-mirror.mozilla.org:/cvsroot co mozilla/tools/buildbot-configs/testing/unittest/
  • I moved the checked out files to my ~/BuildbotMaster folder
  • Made all needed changes to set up only one buildslave - These are the main configuration
    c['buildbotURL'] = "http://localhost:8010/"
    c['slavePortnum'] = 9989
    c['status'].append(html.Waterfall(http_port=8010, css="/home/armen/BuildbotMaster/waterfall.css"))
    c['bots'] = [("slave1", "slavepassword1")]
    c['schedulers'].append(Periodic(name="50 minutes build scheduler",
    builderNames=["Linux Ubuntu7.1 dep unit test"],
    periodicBuildTimer=50*60))
    firefox_trunk_ubuntu_builder = {
    'name': "Linux Ubuntu7.1 dep unit test",
    'slavenames': ['slave1'],
    'builddir': "trunk_ubuntu",
    'factory': ubuntuFactory,
    'category': "Firefox"}
  • I have also set up in the buildbot master folder a mozconfig-armen file that create a non-static build and enables tests. This mozconfig-armen gets downloaded by the slave
  • buildbot start ~/BuildbotMaster
  • buildbot start ~/Buildslave
  • I open http://localhost:8010 and I can see the results on it
THE PROBLEM
The problem was that it would never pass the step "client.mk update stdio", because it required human intervention asking to say "yes" or "no" about accepting certain key identifying the server (or something like that)
If I did this step manually would be:
  • cvs -d :ext:unittest@cvs.mozilla.org:/cvsroot co mozilla/client.mk
    which got me this message: "Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-with-mic)"
Therefore, I decided to use this command instead:
  • cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs-mirror.mozilla.org:/cvsroot co
And I updated the master.cfg accordingly by changing it to:
  • CVSROOT = ":pserver:anonymous@cvs-mirror.mozilla.org:/cvsroot"
I restarted then the master by doing this:
  • builbot restart ~/BuildbotMaster
Now all that is left is to leave the computer work on it and give me results tomorrow when I wake up.


Image 1. Before fixing CVSROOT
Image 2. After fixing CVSROOT

No comments:

Post a Comment