It has been a great experience and the work that my coworkers have done has made it possible to be this smooth (there is room for improvements).
The process that I had to go through (simplified) is the following:
- Week 1
- Prepare some patches to bump the version and be ready for the official "go"
- Trigger the builds. check that every builder that was triggered it completed
- Start signing the windows builds and verify signatures
- Add product to Socorro/Crash-stats
- Week 2
- Create major update
- Push the updates to the beta channel
- Week 3
- Add bouncer entries
- Request virus check
- Push the builds to the mirrors
- Create xulrunner builds
- Push the updates live
- Add final release symlink
I am glad it all worked out well and next time I will expect to commit less mistakes.
For more information read the build notes or bug 543761.
This work by Zambrano Gasparnian, Armen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.