This is a project that will helps us have:
- new platforms to test Firefox on:
- Fedora, Fedora64, Snow Leopard (64 bits), XP, Windows 7 and Windows 7 (64 bits). (running unit tests on real user machines, are we crazy? :P)
- make sure that our new platforms have the infrastructure requirements to run packaged unit tests
- for instance, having mercurial installed to checkout all the repositories needed
- work with developers to fix oranges of the new platforms
- For instance fixing oranges found for Fedora
- move unit test load from the build-slaves-pool to the talos-slaves-pool
- for some time we will have to report the build slaves unit tests to another tinderbox page
- get more talos rev3 machines to keep up with the extra load
- Leopard and Snow Leopard which have been green
- we have deployed Mercurial today and tomorrow we will turn this on
- Fedora and Fedora 64
- we might turn Fedora 64 on even if it is orange since we have never run unit tests for it. We will see.
- we need developers commitment to fix the oranges for Fedora
- Windows XP
- deploying Mercurial to it through OPSI will make this platform go before Windows 7
- Windows 7 and Windows 7 (64 bits)
- it will probably require Mercurial to deployed manually to all slaves (I just wish I won't have to do it :P)
Happy unit testing on real operating systems!
This work by Zambrano Gasparnian, Armen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.