Thursday, September 20, 2007

Session 4 - build problems, vista!!

Before you read my notes of session 4, I will tell you what happened.
I'm trying to have few mozconfig files and build the firefox in debug mode.
The problem is that I'm running on Windows Vista and that is a big problem.
In session 5, I will delete everything and just try to follow step by step, detail by detail the lab, but I'm afraid it will happen again since when I tried to use the "run as administrator" solution, it brought another problem (I wish I took a screenshot!!)

Session 4

I'm trying to build firefox in debug mode but it is not working:
I will checkout again and run again this:
export MOZCONFIG=/d/MozillaffSource/mozilla/mozconfig-firefox-debug
make -f client.mk build
This is the error:
configure: error: --enable-application=APP is required
*** Fix above errors and then restart with "make -f client.mk build"
make[1]: *** [configure] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/d/MozillaffSource/mozilla'
make: *** [/d/MozillaffSource/mozilla/Makefile] Error 2
I misspelled the export MOZCONFIG command
Let's try again. I started at 9:10pm
I see a lot of "can't read this and that"
/c/mozilla-build//make-3.81/bin/make -C config export
make[2]: Entering directory `/d/MozillaffSource/mozilla/config'
make[3]: Entering directory `/d/MozillaffSource/mozilla/config/mkdepend'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `export'.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/d/MozillaffSource/mozilla/config/mkdepend'
/bin/perl -I/d/MozillaffSource/mozilla/config /d/MozillaffSource/mozilla/config/bdate.pl build_number
/c/mozilla-build/moztools/bin/nsinstall -m 644 nsBuildID.h ../mozilla-config.h /d/MozillaffSource/mozilla/config/nsStaticComponents.h ../dist/include
make[2]: execvp: /c/mozilla-build/moztools/bin/nsinstall: Permission denied
make[2]: *** [export] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory `/d/MozillaffSource/mozilla/config'
make[1]: *** [default] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/d/MozillaffSource/mozilla'
make: *** [build] Error 2

Start again, normal ways
I'm using Window Vista, I have Mozilla build in my C: drive and the MozillaffSource in my D: drive
Therefore, I will follow step by step http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Real_World_Mozilla_Build_Mozilla_Lab
I'm checking tinderbox, I see one of the columns in orange but doesn't say that the tree is closed


Bug bug bug, why?!!!! https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=388543
It's because I'm on Vista; I'm trying to try a way around, I'm running the "msvc8.bat" as administrator (start time 9:35pm).
It seems it's working
10 minutes later, I got a pop up message saying:
xpt_link.exe - Unable to locate Component
This application has failed to start because MSVCR80D.dll was not found. Re-install ...

I close it and I read this:
../../dist/bin/xpt_link.exe _xpidlgen/xpcom_base.xpt _xpidlgen/nsIConsoleListener.xpt _xpidlgen/nsIConsoleMessage.xpt _xpidlgen/nsIConsoleService.xpt _xpidlgen/nsIErrorService.xpt _xpidlgen/nsIException.xpt _xpidlgen/nsIExceptionService.xpt _xpidlgen/nsIVersionComparator.xpt _xpidlgen/nsIUUIDGenerator.xpt _xpidlgen/nsIDebug.xpt _xpidlgen/nsIInterfaceRequestor.xpt _xpidlgen/nsIMemory.xpt _xpidlgen/nsIProgrammingLanguage.xpt _xpidlgen/nsISupports.xpt _xpidlgen/nsITraceRefcnt.xpt _xpidlgen/nsIWeakReference.xpt _xpidlgen/nsrootidl.xpt
make[4]: *** [_xpidlgen/xpcom_base.xpt] Error 53
make[4]: Leaving directory `/d/MozillaffSource/mozilla/xpcom/base'
make[3]: *** [libs] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/d/MozillaffSource/mozilla/xpcom'
make[2]: *** [tier_2] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/d/MozillaffSource/mozilla'
make[1]: *** [default] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/d/MozillaffSource/mozilla'
make: *** [build] Error 2

1 comment:

  1. Man, sucks to hear about all your problems. All I can think of for building Mozilla on Vista is run the build with privileges (right click->run as admin). I I have vista at home and it causes NOTHING but problems for me.. (Come on SP1!!)
    Remember, you can always come over to the other side and install Linux! :P

    ReplyDelete