Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Win64 builds - what am I doing wrong?

As I blogged before I started setting up a Windows 2008 64 bit machine that will be able to generate the 64 bit builds of Firefox.

I have managed to build it but I have not been able to actually run it. It plainly crashes before running.

Find below the tool-chain, mozconfig, logs and builds in case you think you can help me figure out what I am doing wrong.

Documentation followed:
  • MS Win2008 x86_64
  • MS VS2010 Pro
  • Win7 SDK
  • MozillaBuild 1.4
. $topsrcdir/browser/config/mozconfig

mk_add_options MOZ_OBJDIR=@TOPSRCDIR@/../objdir
ac_add_options --target=x86_64-pc-mingw32
ac_add_options --host=x86_64-pc-mingw32
ac_add_options --disable-ogg

Check out the screen-shot of the crash (edited image to show problem box):

    Creative Commons License
    This work by Zambrano Gasparnian, Armen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.